Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008






We had a wonderful Christmas this year in our new home! It was so memorable to put up our tree, spend a lovely Christmas Eve meal with family and then wake up Christmas morning and open presents in our own home for once (usually we're waking up with family and in our 4 Christmases together, we have yet to have a Christmas morning of our own). We spent the rest of our Christmas day traveling to both families. We enjoyed lunch with the Rigby side and then headed over to the Smith side for dinner and gifts with my niece and nephew. What a blessed day we had! As for gifts, our favorites were....my KitchenAid (I've been wanting one for years) and for Ryan it was a new pair of fleece comfy pants from Eddie Bauer (the only place with pants long enough for my giant!!) We also got a new waffle iron, which was much needed since our last one died, and Ryan got a great jigsaw from my parents which he immediately came home and started using!

We missed all of our Florida family, but we hear that everyone had a great day and for that we are thankful! On to another New Year now with so many excellent and exciting things to come! Stay tuned for our "year in review" post!

P.S. The Vera Bradley bag was a huge hit with my sister...I'm so happy she was thrilled! I thought I would get a few tears, but no such luck. Lynee - you still win out on making people cry with their gifts this year!

2 comments:

Auntie Nee' said...

It's a tough job and it takes a lot of skill, but you'll get the hang of it! Start with Ryan, he can be a pretty easy subject.

Chris + Elyse said...

Glad you guys had a good Christmas!